Sunday, September 16, 2007

Crumb cake

Well, this post is going to be mostly pointless, except for the fact that I want to show off photos of one of the tastier cakes I have ever made.

Why pointless? Well, I can't share the recipe right now because the cookbook from which I took it is back in storage in Virginia, and I'm in Phoenix. (Editor's note, 12/2: No, I lied. This recipe is not from a cookbook. My bad! Anyway, you can find the recipe here.) This cake is SO bad, it's one of those recipes that you never want to bake yourself, lest you find out just how fatty it is. (My former coworker Evan actually said to me, while eating this crumb cake, "Mm, I can feel my arteries clogging!)

I made this cake for my last Monday at work. I had been cleaning out my fridge over the weekend, and I had a whole lotta butter that needed to be used. Of all recipes I know, this cake has the most butter--six or seven sticks, I think! But the cake cake make 30 servings, so when you break it down, it's not that bad. Regardless, I wouldn't dare give my cholesterol-challenged grandparents a crumb of it.

If you're interested in the recipe, leave a comment so I'll be reminded to input the recipe once I get my stuff out of storage. The more you nag me, the more likely I'll be to listen. :o)

In the meantime, here are some pictures to tempt your tastebuds. I forgot to sprinkle the top of the cake w/powdered sugar, which makes it look a little fancier, but that's not a make-or-break kinda thing. My cake was consumed, in full, in just a matter of hours at my office. And here's why...

No comments: